Contest Rules & Regulations
Contest Rules & Regulations
The Well will conduct contests including on-air, online, application and text-based contests, and contests conducted through its social media accounts (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, etc.), substantially as described in these rules, which may be amended by separate specific rules for individual contests. In the event that separate specific rules are issued for an individual contest, those rules, not these general rules, are controlling. By participating, each participant agrees as follows:
- Depending on the type of contest, you may be asked to call in to participate at a specified time, fill out a form, respond to a text, participate via social media post rules, or mail an entry to The Well, attention Promotions, 7695 Old Jacksonville Hwy, Tyler, TX 75703. Listen on-air, or defer to promotion details on the contest website page for how to participate.
- The Well is not responsible for entries not received due to delay of mail service, Internet service outage, computer difficulty, phone trouble, or other technical issues.
- Contests are open to The Well listeners who are 18 years of age or older and who legally reside in the listening area in Texas.
- Limit to one entry per person.
- Only one winner per household is allowed every thirty days.
- Persons who are ineligible to win prizes or participate in contests include: (a) The Well employees and their parents, spouses, children, siblings and roommates; (b) employees of underwriting agencies that conduct business with The Well; (c) employees of participating sponsors and promotional partners; and (d) persons employed by radio stations within the East Texas area.
- Contest participants agree that The Well and contest sponsors have the right to use the name, voice and/or likeness of contest winners for promotional and advertising purposes without compensation. All calls coming into The Well studios may be recorded and aired on the radio station without further approval.
- The Well will not disclose or sell participant’s personal information to parties that are not affiliated with The Well.
- No purchase is necessary. Purchase does not increase odds of winning.
- Chance of winning depends on the number of correct and eligible contest participants and entries.
- Prize amounts and value will vary from contest to contest. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash or other merchandise. Prizes are not transferable; no substitutions are permitted.
- Prizes will be mailed within thirty calendar days after winning the prize or at the discretion of The Well. If the prize is to be mailed, it is the responsibility of the winner to provide The Well with a current and correct mailing address. The Well is not responsible for, nor obligated to replace any lost, stolen, or damaged prize sent through the U.S. Mail.
- If winner is asked to claim a prize, failure to claim prize(s) from The Well within thirty days of notification will result in forfeiture of prize(s).
- Any additional costs related to a prize that may be incurred as a result of accepting a prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- The Well will not be responsible or held liable for prizes awarded to an event that is canceled due to circumstances out of our control.
- The Well, its agencies and representatives shall not be liable for any claim, injury or damage from any The Well contest or prize awarded in a contest.
- Contestant’s cell phone carrier’s standard message and data rates may apply with text messaging contests. Contact your cell phone carrier for specific details.
- Winners are responsible for federal, state and local taxes and fees if applicable. Any person winning over $600 in cumulative prizes within a calendar year will receive an IRS form 1099 and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
- The Well reserves the right to require contest winners to sign a liability release prior to acceptance and receiving of any prize awarded by station.
- By participating, each contest participant agrees to release and indemnify The Well, and its officers, directors, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries, employees and contest sponsors from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the participant’s participation in the Contest.
- Contestants are required to provide truthful information. The Well has the authority to reject any entry that is false.
- The Well reserves the right to disqualify any participant that tampers with the contest entry process.
- The Well reserves the right to substitute contest prizes with other prizes of equal value.
- The Well reserves the right to cancel or modify contest and contest rules at any time without notice.
- The contest will begin and end at the times specified by The Well. The Well operations on Central Standard Time (CST).
- Void where prohibited.
- Proper photo identification of winners may be requested by The Well.