More about this month’s ministry partner!
How to get involved!
The Fostering Collective exists to recruit and shepherd Christ-centered families LIKE YOU to help children in foster care
Right now, along with 50 churches, organizations, and agencies, we are challenged to Be The Light for a child in foster care. Learn more about all the ways you can Be The Light.
Want to connect your church? Email us to find out how your church can help Be The Light!
About foster care in East Texas
- There are more than 2,000 children in foster care in just the East Texas area
- There are fewer than 600 foster families
- We know many children in our community are not receiving the love they need
- If 10% of churches in each county will get involved in foster care, then our community can provide more than enough:
- Foster and kinship families
- Adoptive families for every child waiting for adoption
- Help for biological families trying to stabilize and reunify
- Wrap-around support from the church for foster, kinship, adoptive and biological families
“At first, I was worried. Maybe I wouldn’t get a chance. I’ve been in foster care for four years and it was sad, lonely, and frustrating. I thought it was my fault and that I’d never get a second chance with the family. There’s always going to be a cycle of something that might happen. But there’s a way to break out of that and that’s Jesus.”
BASIC STATS FOR ETX & SMITH COUNTY
- Region 4 (23 counties)
- 2,000 – Total kids in foster care
- 575 – Total number of foster homes
- 65 – Kids in foster care available for adoption
- Smith County
- 320 – Total kids in foster care
- 140 – Total number of foster homes
- 20 – Kids in foster care available for adoption
- Other counties available upon request